Climate, energy and environment
We aim to address the global challenges of climate change, clean energy transition and support environmental sustainability. We work across the full policy cycle, covering clean energy, green financing, climate mitigation and adaptation, environmental conservation, energy efficiency, water management, sustainable blue economy, biodiversity and just transition.
We provide advisory and support services, including research studies, impact assessments, evaluations and consultations, through to more long-term integrated projects that bring together a range of activities including project management, secretariats, stakeholder engagement and events, communication, capacity building and technical assistance. Through our work, we want to contribute to the achievement of climate neutrality and the green deal objectives to create a more sustainable and climate-proof society and future.
We support a range of clients including local and national governments, the European Commission and European Parliament, international donors and institutions, public authorities and other organisations. We also provide services under the European Union research programme. We work across a range of areas:
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation: promoting solutions for mitigating climate change and adapting to its impacts
- Just transition: leaving no one behind in the journey towards climate neutrality
- Energy policy and regulation: shaping the future of energy through smart policy and regulation
- Renewable energy and innovation: advancing technologies for a carbon-neutral world
- Green and energy financing: investing in a cleaner and more sustainable future
- Heating and cooling: providing efficient heating and cooling solutions for a sustainable future
- Marine, coastal and river basin management: protecting our oceans, rivers, and coasts for future generations
- Water resources and sanitation: providing safe and reliable water infrastructure planning and management
- Environment and conservation: protecting natural resources through science-based conservation and management practices
- Biodiversity: protecting the diverse species on our planet
Co-creating and designing future prizes for renewable energy technologies under Horizon Europe
Study on the Central and South Eastern Europe energy connectivity cooperation on electricity grid development...
Find out how Ecorys can help you
We are a leading international research and consultancy company addressing society’s key challenges.