Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy
The Ecorys Group of Companies support the Modern Slavery Act 2015 in all parts of its business services. We have a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery and human trafficking. We are committed to ensuring that modern slavery and human trafficking do not take place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain.
We are committed to ensuring there is transparency in our own business and in our approach to tackling modern slavery throughout our supply chains, consistent with our disclosure obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015. We expect the same high standards from all of our contractors, suppliers and other business partners.
- Support our staff to be aware of the risks of human trafficking and modern slavery and to act appropriately when any such risk is detected.
- Conduct due diligence on business partners within our supplier chain.
- Adopt a proactive approach to reporting suspicions of hidden worker exploitation to the appropriate authorities.
- Encourage workers to report cases of third party labour exploitation, provide the means to do so and investigate and act on reports appropriately.
- Positively encourage and support employees and contractors to report such exploitation which may be occurring within their communities. Points of reference include Line Managers, the Group Compliance Officer and avenues outlined in the Ecorys Whistleblowing Policy.
- Ecorys accepts that job finding fees are a business cost and will not allow these to be paid by job applicants.
- As appropriate, designate managers to attend training on the prevention of labour exploitation who will have responsibility for developing and operating company procedures.
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to all Ecorys Group companies, employees and contractors
Responsibility for Implementation
The Board of Management of Ecorys Group overall responsibility for this policy. The Managing Directors of Ecorys have primary responsibility for the implementation of this policy.