Technical Assistance To Stimulate Applications For The SME Competitiveness Grant Scheme (INSPIRED)Client: Economic Relations Division of the Ministry of Finance | Sectors: Economic Growth
This project aimed to reduce poverty in Bangladesh by supporting the development of SME’s through improving and enhancing competitiveness and sustainable pro-poor growth of SMEs.
The project provided technical assistance to support cluster development, involving the identification of clusters in the agreed 10 sectors, but also provided support to business intermediary organisations involving the development of a strategy and action plan for improving the BDS provision, advocacy and networking services. An assessment was conducted on each cluster as research in implementing the strategy for ensuring the sustainability of its achievements.
• Provided technical assistance and support across the two components of the project and supported cluster development and business intermediary organisations
• Provided technical assistance in the 10 sectors to develop a strategy and action plan for improving the BDS provision, advocacy and networking services to their members
• Assessed, in each cluster, the product scope, potential for adding value and potential for up-scaling
• Undertook a study on clusters within the 10 sectors to gather knowledge about the constraints and potential of the cluster and also local linkages and support mechanisms
• Prepared and implemented a strategy for ensuring the sustainability of the achievements