European Hydrogen Sustainability and Circularity Panel
Hydrogen plays a key role in the transition towards a climate-neutral economy, enabling emission-free transport, heating and industrial processes as well as inter-seasonal energy storage.
The Clean Hydrogen Partnership is committed to make the EU hydrogen sector a leader in sustainable and circular hydrogen technologies and value chains. In order to do so, hydrogen technologies must take the entire life cycle into account, promote circular design processes, and encourage sustainability as well as waste prevention. Ecorys will support this by launching the European Hydrogen Sustainability and Circularity Panel (EHS&CP).
The European Hydrogen Sustainability and Circularity Panel (EHS&CP) has the aim to support the greening of hydrogen production, storage, distribution and end uses.
Launched by the Clean Hydrogen Partnership, the mission of the Panel (EHS&CP) is twofold:
- Helping the Partnership to address the sustainability and circularity at both the programme and project levels, encompassing environmental, social and economic aspects;
- Promoting and disseminating knowledge for a more sustainable and circular culture within and beyond the programme.
The main activities of the European Hydrogen Sustainability and Circularity Panel include:
- Monitoring and reporting on the advancements of the projects funded by the Clean Hydrogen Partnership and its overall programme regarding sustainability and circularity of hydrogen technologies.
- Defining a comprehensive approach to help integrating sustainability and circularity aspects in future projects.
- Providing recommendations and sharing lessons learnt.
Call for Expression of Interest: Join the European Hydrogen Sustainability and Circularity panel
Are you a passionate advocate for hydrogen, sustainability, or circular economy? Your expertise is needed!
We launched a call for independent experts on hydrogen, sustainability and circular economy to support the Clean Hydrogen Partnership
Hydrogen and fuel cell technologies will play a key role in EU’s transition towards a climate-neutral economy. The Clean Hydrogen Partnership is committed to making the EU hydrogen sector a leader in sustainable and circular hydrogen technologies and value chains.
We are launching a call for independent experts on hydrogen sustainability and circular economy and are looking for 15 independent experts who will work together in the European Hydrogen Sustainability and Circularity Panel (EHS&CP). The EHS&CP is setup and coordinated by Ecorys, together with TNO and Grant Thornton, on behalf of the Clean Hydrogen Partnership.
The experts will assist the Clean Hydrogen Partnership with advice at the programme level and will provide invaluable guidance to its projects, contributing to the development of sustainable and carbon-neutral hydrogen technologies. The selected experts will be assigned to task forces based on their specific expertise in the following topic areas:
- Eco-design and eco-efficiency;
- Raw materials and supply chain;
- Manufacturing processes, automation and scaling up;
- Waste management and recycling;
- Hydrogen end-use applications (industrial and transport);
- Techno-economic and social science aspects;
- Environment and life cycle assessment.
How to submit your application?
To join the EHS&CP, please complete the following application form: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/ApplicationEHSCP
The deadline for submitting your application is Friday, 8 December 2023 – 18:00 CET
On 24 November 2023 we hosted an introductory webinar where walked interested experts through the call and submission requirements. Please find the PowerPoint Presentation here and the full Recorded Session here.
Let’s work together to shape a greener, more sustainable future for Europe!
20 October 2023
3 minute read