Integrated approach needed for low literacy
Low-literate people are more likely to face financial difficulties and unemployment. In addition, low-literate people are less socially active and are at greater risk of developing an unhealthy lifestyle. Integral working in the municipality is important to address the various problems of low literacy.
As a policy officer, how do you set up an integrated approach to low literacy?
6 steps for an integrated approach
- Appoint a ‘low literacy coordinator
- Raise awareness within the municipality
- Look at how accessible your municipality is
- Map supply and partners
- Increase the expertise of professionals in the field
- Maintain continuous dialogue, both at policy and implementation level
View the factsheet (in Dutch) for more information.
Do you have any questions or would you like more information on how we work? If so, please contact Annejet Kerckhaert.