Job Location Brussels
Closing Date Ongoing - applications to be assessed on a rolling basis.
Closing Date Wed, 06/01/2021 - 12:00
Ecorys is a leading international research and consultancy company, addressing society's key challenges. With world-class research-based consultancy, we help public and private clients make and implement informed decisions leading to positive impact on society. We support our clients with sound analysis and inspiring ideas, practical solutions and delivery of projects for complex market, policy and management issues. Parallel to our continued growth, we are now seeking a Senior Consultant in the field of Research and Innovation Policy.
Your workplace environment
You will join the Policy and Research team that is working on European projects in the areas of research and innovation policy. Our activities consist mostly of economic and policy studies (e.g. impact assessment, evaluations), technical assistance (e.g. management and coordination of European policy networks and stakeholder activities) and consultancy (e.g. business case assessments, strategic advice regulatory work). Our clients are mainly EU institutions.
What will you be doing?
You will take a lead role in policy-oriented projects for the European Union (European Commission; EU institutions and agencies). Together with the team you will submit proposals and lead on implementation. You are a recognised expert in the field with sound content knowledge and good knowledge of the European policy context, the stakeholder landscape and way of working. You are familiar with European Commission framework contracts. You have working relationships with major players in your domain. You know what it takes to submit a winning proposal. The core of your expertise is related to policies related to research and innovation, you are also able to contribute to studies in other EU policy areas. A proven track record in winning work coupled with high quality project delivery is essential.
Major tasks include:
• To undertake targeted business development and build relationships with clients to advance the company's profile and ability to help clients;
• Play a lead role in winning a stream of new work;
• Act as a contact point for clients, stakeholders and experts;
• Take a project manager role in the smooth delivery of contracts, working closely with other project members to ensure that the contract is delivered successfully;
• To lead and provide high quality written inputs to reports, presentations, and other research and consultancy outputs;
• To present the firm’s view European policies and their impacts on relevant areas and markets;
• To build strong working relationships with colleagues from other sectors and partner organisations;
• To identify and respond to appropriate project opportunities from clients and liaise with parts of the company and partner organisations to achieve a coordinated response;
• To inspire and coach team members to further their personal development and the development of the practice.
What will you bring?
• MSc or PhD in Economics or other relevant field;
• In-depth knowledge of European research and innovation policy;
• Proven work experience in evaluation and/or impact assessment of research and innovation policy;
• Experience in writing winning proposals;
• Proven project management experience;
• Highly motivated with strong communication and business development skills;
• Relevant network in Brussels and across Europe;
• Fluency in English. Other language capabilities would be an asset;
• Knowledge of relevant analytical tools (patent analysis, altmetric, modelling tools) or experience with stakeholder engagement would be an asset.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We are a highly international, socially responsible and employee-owned organisation. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive remuneration package, the opportunity to own company shares and flexible working hours, among others.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
We encourage interested and qualified candidates to submit their CV and one-page cover letter in English. Early applications are encouraged. Applications received will be assessed on a rolling basis.