As soon as possible
Ecorys is one of the leading international research and consultancy company in Europe, specializing in economic, social and spatial development. For over 90 years we build bridges between science and practice. We help, independently, public and private clients with thorough analysis, inspiring ideas and practical solutions for complex market, policy and management implementation. Our organisation has about 500 employees who work globally from our head office in Rotterdam and 15 other offices in 11 countries. Within The Netherlands about 180 highly qualified consultants that work within and outside The Netherlands for clients across the public and private sector.
We are looking for a
Senior Consultant, Entrepreneurship and Business Support (EU Market)
As the Senior Consultant, Entrepreneurship and Business Support (EU market), you will join the Economic Growth team which is a fast-growing sector (portfolio) at Ecorys. Economic Growth has two main pillars- Trade and Private Sector Development (competitiveness, industrial policy, SME development), with a cross-cutting theme of Digital and innovation. The sector focuses on three market segments- Dutch, European and International markets. Within the European Union market, the main clients are DG GROW, EASME, DG TRADE, DG CONNECT amongst others.
As the Senior Consultant, you would be working with the team to support business development (positioning, proposal writing, and coordinating bids) and implementation of support projects and studies in close collaboration with the team in Ecorys Brussels.
What will you be doing?
- Support the development of Private Sector Development pillar with a focus on the EU market
- Lead and support overall acquisition process (tracking, strategy for consortium development, expert line-up, proposal development etc
- Be the technical lead for proposals
- Coordinate with internal Ecorys Brussels team and external partners in realizing acquisition efforts
- Support project implementation as a project coordinator (mobilization, financial management, technical supervision and monitoring of projects)
- Work as a technical expert in our on-going studies, evaluations and TA projects
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Economics/European Policy/relevant fields
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Entrepreneurship and Business Support fields in the EU
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical areas related to EU sector studies, EU SME support, business matchmaking, business facility design, and implementation, and fund management
- Experience in managing and supervising at least 1 large TA projects in the EU market
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high-quality reports and outputs for projects in the above mentioned technical area
- Demonstrated experience in managing client expectations (donors and the private sector)
- Demonstrated experience of contributing to winning work
For this position the following qualifications and skills are required:
What we offer
- Strong understanding of the EU market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Proficiency in Dutch and/or French would be an asset.
- Financial acumen and client focus
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Capacity to multi-task between business development and project management
- Strong management skills with the ability to train and develop junior staff.
- Ability to travel and work in Brussel and other EU countries intermittently, if needed.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope for professional development. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.Application
We encourage interested and qualified candidates to submit their CV and 1-page cover letter in English, using the subject "Senior Consultant, Entrepreneurship and Business Support (EU Markets)"
. Please use the button below to submit your application.
Applications send by email will not be taken into consideration. The deadline is set for the 1st of May
. Where positively evaluated, applicants will be invited for an interview. The selection procedure may include an assessment.More information
For more information about the position you can contact: Dunia Fernandez Gonzalez, E [email protected]
. Please note that applications must be submitted by the button below. Otherwise, your application will not be processed.